Before she jumped out of an airplane at 13,000 feet and earned her 1st Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, Christy Bowe, a third-generation Washingtonian, was thrown out of Catholic school in the ninth grade for refusing to conform. She briefly attended Montgomery College of Rockville, Maryland, but most of her education has been “on the job” to include The University of Missouri Photo Workshop in Carthage, Missouri.
In pursuit of her passion for photography, Christy earned her way into the small, elite circle of White House photographers.Christy started ImageCatcher News Service. She has been published in Time, Newsweek, The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, Vanity Fair, George, People, Rolling Stone, and The Columbia Journalism Review to name a few. International publications include Deutsche Presse, La Vie, Scanpix Sweden, and GQ Germany. Her photographs have also been featured on MTV and MSNBC and in textbooks published by Wadsworth Publishing and McGraw-Hill among others.
She has lectured at American University, Montgomery College Rockville Maryland Campus, and George Mason University. Her business, ImageCatcher News, has several images preserved in the George W. Bush Presidential Library.
Christy is a contributing photographer for Getty Images, Zuma Press and Polaris Images . She continues covering her 4tth U.S. President, Donald Trump.
Christy’s Special Projects Include:
• Providing photographic documentation of a Fulbright Research Project targeting the people in the remote villages of the Katmandu region of Nepal.
• Documenting the Wolf Mountain Sanctuary’s valiant ongoing efforts to protect and preserve the endangered wolf.
Christy is credentialed and affiliated with the following:
• Member of the White House Correspondents’ Association
• Member of The White House News Photographer’s Association
• Member of the White House Press Corps since 1995, and has covered Presidents Clinton, Bush, Obama, and now Trump
• Member of the House and Senate Press Photographers Gallery since 1993
• Contributing National Press Club Photographer since 1994