BEFORE SHE JUMPED out of an airplane at 13,500 feet and earned her first-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, Christy Bowe, a third-generation Washingtonian, was thrown out of Catholic school in the ninth grade for refusing to conform. She briefly attended Montgomery College of Rockville, Maryland and the University of Missouri Photo Workshop in Carthage, Missouri. Most of her education has been “on the job.” In pursuit of her passion for photography, Christy earned her way into the small, elite circle of White House press photographers. With support from celebrated White House reporter the late Sarah McClendon, Christy started ImageCatcher News Service. She is represented by Getty Images, Zuma Press and Polaris Images. Her pictures have been featured in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Time, Newsweek, Vanity Fair, and Rolling Stone. Christy has also been featured in books by Wadsworth Publishing and McGraw-Hill, and Little Brown most recently in an autobiography of Justice Stevens. Her corporate clients have included, Harley Davidson, The National Science Foundation, The National Press Club and The National Organization for Women. Christy is currently a member of the White House Press Corps, House and Senate Press Photographers’ Gallery, and White House Correspondents’ Association and White House News Photographers' Association. She has lectured at American University, Montgomery College, and George Mason University. She has ten images preserved in the George W. Bush Presidential Library. Christy resides in Bethesda, Maryland, and continues to work as a photojournalist, currently covering her fourth U.S. President, Donald Trump. ❂
Christy’s Special Projects Include:
• Providing photographic documentation of a Fulbright Research Project targeting the people in the remote villages of the Katmandu region of Nepal.
• Documenting the Wolf Mountain Sanctuary’s valiant ongoing efforts to protect and preserve the endangered wolf.
Christy is credentialed and affiliated with the following:
• Member of the White House Correspondents’ Association
• Member of The White House News Photographer’s Association
• Member of the White House Press Corps since 1995, and has covered Presidents Clinton, Bush, Obama, and now Trump
• Member of the House and Senate Press Photographers Gallery since 1993
• Contributing National Press Club Photographer since 1994